Humanitarian Odyssey of Preservation and Enlightenment
At a time when nations are challenged by failing economies, troubling security concerns, diminishing natural resources, formidable social problems, and strained intergroup relations, we are compelled to find new sources of inspiration to lift our spirits, call us to greatness, and move us to develop innovative solutions that will shape a better world for coming generations.
Given the current economic recession, Olympism For Humanity Alliance is initiating a venture called Humanitarian Odyssey for Preservation and Enlightenment (HOPE). Our vision is to create a global consortium that will serve as a social capital platform for promoting innovation, inspiration, youth engagement, cross-cultural dialogue, and social entrepreneurship. HOPE targets the resolution of local social challenges such as unemployment, antisocial behavior, bullying and aggression, academic/school drop out, xenophobia and inter-group intolerance, social isolation and disengagement.
HOPE aims to recruit, inspire and support committed entrepreneurs with ongoing mentoring; cultural and educational exchange programs; heritage preservation initiatives; capacity building, civic engagement, and social entrepreneurship ventures. HOPE will provide unique opportunities to preserve and utilize the core Hellenic virtues and heritage in the modern world and to support, inspire and equip youth to become socially engaged individuals that embrace innovation, resilience and social transformation in their respective communities. The ultimate goal of this project is to create the conditions and supporting mechanisms for resilience, social innovation and entrepreneurship, inspired by (a) Marathon, Athenian, Olympian and Macedonian virtues and ideals, (b) Alexander the Great, Socrates, Aristotle and Ancient Hellenic legacy, (c) history and practices of athletic, educational and cultural diplomacy, and (d) global citizenship, civic engagement and democratic governance heritage.
HOPE Inspirations, Foundations & Virtues
- Marathon HOPE: (Resilience, Peacebuilding, Determination)
- Athens HOPE (Wisdom, Philosophy, Democracy)
- Delphi HOPE (Imagination, Creativity, Innovation, Technology, Cyberspace)
- Olympia HOPE (Olympic Values, Arêtes/Virtue , Cultural and Educational Diplomacy)
- Epidaurus HOPE (Performing Arts, Literature, Poetry and Creative Writing)
- Macedonia HOPE (Global citizenship, Cultural and Educational Diplomacy)
- Alexander the Great HOPE (Humankind Defender, Friendship & Collaboration)
- Panellinios HOPE (Revival of Olympic Games, History, Regeneration)
- Kyriakides HOPE (Humanity, Youth Engagement, Determination, Sport Philanthropy)
- Socrates HOPE (Youth Education, Wisdom, Socratic Pedagogy and Wisdom)
- Aristotle HOPE (Perfect Friendship, Eudemonia, Arête- Ethics and Virtue)
First Steps of HOPE
Click here for more information about our first summer steps of HOPE, a summer program that was implemented in Greece in Summer 2015!
Copyright 2012-2017, Olympism For Humanity Alliance, Inc. – All rights reserved.